Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Hatchery: Bubble Diagram


This bubble diagram depicts my proposed hatchery space.  I used hierarchy to show the performance space as the most important space. The diagram also helps to show adjacency, or a loose floorplan, with the gallery store at the entrance followed by the performance space, then a long hallway on the right side leading to the studio, consultation room and the bathrooms.  The smaller bubbles stemming off from the main spaces depict the important components that each space requires.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I was wondering: what program you used to create the bubble diagram? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, this diagram is hand drawn. I first made an outline of the building to scale and then used a circle template to make the bubbles representing the functionality of each space. I colored the diagram with Prismacolor/Chartpak markers to make it easier to read.

    ReplyDelete