Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Assignment 4.0 - Networking

As I near the end of my design education, I see the importance of being able to network successfully in the design world and maintain those connections. This year I went to several events for networking opportunities. One memorable event was an IIDA chapter meeting at the Momentum Textiles Facilities in Highpoint, NC. It was wonderful to meet some local IIDA members that are active in the design field and gain connections with professionals. The location of the meeting itself was inspiring as well. The Momentum Group is a company that designs and manufactures beautiful, durable, sustainable fabrics. Below are a couple examples of their work.



3 comments:

  1. I love these fabrics...do you know where I can see them in person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I can tell, they only have showrooms in Chicago and New York because their fabrics are more for heavy-use commercial applications like airports and hotels. However, there might be a restaurant or public space around here where the fabrics are in use. I'll let you know if I find something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these fabric too!
    I'd like something like this to decorate my Buenos Aires apartment, how or where can I get this in Argentina?

    ReplyDelete